Partnership information filing, form 1065 page 1

A partnership is a tax entity separate from its partners. Like a person, it must file a tax information form annually (not technically a return since it is to provide information only) . Unlike a C corporation, it does not itself pay taxes. Form 1065 is an information return used to report the income, gains, losses, deductions, credits, etc., from the operation of a partnership. A partnership does not pay tax on its income but “passes through” any profits or losses to its partners. Partners must include partnership items on their individual tax returns.

Click on any section that is troubling you.

General Business Informations Partnership Income Partnership Expenses Signatures

Click here to go to form 1065 page 2.